Tuesday, March 18, 2008

almost...

Yesterday was my day off. My "sabbath". And I took full advantage of my opportunity to do nothing. I've lived on the edge of downtown Royal Oak for 8 months now, but rarely have I capitalized on my nearness by taking a leisurely stroll through the area. I've walked through downtown many times without truly seeing it. So yesterday I took the time...

There are a lot of locally-owned stores and boutiques in Royal Oak. One of my favorites is called Pitaya. Most of the clothing they carry is not made for women who are built like me, but their accessories, purses, etc are always fun to look at. The store also has a sweet vibe, which is (to me) it's primary draw. Yesterday when I walked in, there was some great, downbeat/ambient music playing. As I browsed through the necklaces, I found a couple that reminded me of jewelry I've seen in Amsterdam. That, combined w/the music, reminded me of one of my favorite accessories stores on Leidsestracht. And it almost felt like I was there. Almost....
Except that no one in the store was speaking Dutch.

I'm long overdue for a visit.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jessica s marquis said...

i didn't know you were on here, stefanie! glad someone has stopped into pitaya -- it's so cute, but i never take the time to go in. :)

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home