Thursday, January 19, 2006

Today's Discoveries


I love discovering new things. Today, I discovered two that are worth noting.
The first is a band called VAST. You seriously have to check them out. The music is awesome. Though, I think this is a NIN-type thing and it's only one guy, not an actual band. Regardless... check 'em out: http://www.realvast.com/
Good, good, stuff.



The second was this-

No, it's not a joke. This is a real book.
Here's the summary, verbatim: "The best-selling author of 'Get Anyone to do Anything' offers a one-of-a-kind guide that gives you the psychological tools to reshape anyone into the person you want them to be."

::begin sarcasm::
Finally! I can stop having to be mature, stop having to learn to accept people for who they are and *finally* make them who I want them to be. Where has this book been all my life!!!
::end sarcasm::
The sad thing is, this book will probably sell a lot of copies. Makes me want to write a counter-book "How to Change You", and teach people how to stop being so judgemental and unaccepting.. kinda like I'm being about this book. :-)

So.. to summarize... I highly recommend my first discovery, highly *don't* the second. :)
Ah... the joy of discovery.

Oh! and the Lion's have a new coach. Sounds like he's pretty tough. Guess we'll see what he can do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I'd read your book, Stef. "Start with the [wo]man in the mirror"...

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home