Wednesday, August 29, 2007

taking time

Have you ever stopped to look at the clouds? I mean really stopped. Gone out to your yard, laid back on the grass, looked up and just watched. If you haven't, it's something I highly recommend.

Monday is typically my day off. My sabbath. And I usually spend it alone. I pack a backpack w/snacks, water, books, a bible, etc. and runaway to someplace beautiful like Stoney Creek. It's my day to connect with God on a deeper level, and prepare my mind, heart, and soul for the week's activities. This past Monday was unique in that God seemed especially close, and there were moments when it seemed like a veil was lifted from my eyes and I saw the true beauty of this world. It's not something I can adequately explain. If you haven't experienced it, you won't understand.

We move too fast through this world and the life it encompasses. We miss so much. So many little things, little works of art that speak volumes about their Creator. When's the last time you stopped and looked at a rose? Studied it? Fully took in it's beautiful intricacy. It's a small but elaborate design. The same is true of nature as a whole. Tree bark, insects, leaves, other flowers, fish, vines. It's no wonder David was captivated by nature. When you're surrounded by it long enough, and are still enough, something in you changes. The rhythm of your spirit changes. The tone of your soul, like the tuning of a guitar, is restored to it's proper pitch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Swordsandlace said...

Hi Stef...just stopped by to take a look at your blog again.
Our country is in a big dilemma with this "moment of silence" issue. What I can't seem to figure out is why atheists are fighting so hard against something they say doesn't even exist. Yet they want to slowly indoctrinate our kids with the thinking that prayer does no good, that God is bunk, etc. etc. while at the same time tell Christians it's okay to teach their kids about God at home "where it belongs." Well if God only belongs at home, then when they enter the school arena and are taught the exact opposite, just what kind of society are we going to get?
To them, indoctrination of the atheist way of thinking must trump everything else, no matter what.
They say that "In God we Trust" didn't appear on our money until the Soviet scares of the 1950's. Well there was probably a very good reason for that. If you take a look at the history of the Church in Russia for example, priests and bishops were executed, Christians weren't allowed to pray, read their Bibles, they were taxed up to 81% which bankrupted the clergy. Lenin had it out for the Church and his idea was that if we just "do away with God" the world will be a better place. Well was it? I ask.
If we are not careful, these atheists will start trying to do the same thing in this country. Little by little, we give in here, they take there, and before you know it, all our religious freedoms are gone completely. They whine about one friggin minute. They have more freedoms to publish their anti-Christian bunk (yes I said BUNK) and distribute it than they would in most other countries, and Christians are forced to put up with it.
I've coined a new phrase:
C.U.A.R.T.O. (Spanish for "Room")
Citizens United Against Religious Thought Organization or "The God Police" because that is EXACTLY what these people are.

-"It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid or insane."

-Richard Dawkins


Oops, I thought about God today. Wait, it's Sunday, I can do that. But what about tomorrow? Gee, I have a moral dilemma on my hands...

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home