Wednesday, July 11, 2007

these nights are notably priceless...

about two weeks ago my roommate move outut. she moved to Atlanta, actually.
one of the things she took was the television. i don't a tv of my own, so i've been tv-less for two weeks.

and i have to say, it's been wonderful.
my nights feel much more relaxed. i turn on itunes - play some instrumental music, or someone low-key like zero 7 - and just do stuff. read. write. sculpt (or try to anyway). play my guitar (or try to...). i spend more time talking to friends. my common tv-watching excuse is that i just want to "veg out" and relax. but tv is surprisingly un-relaxing. i feel much more settled when i go to bed now. i fall asleep faster, and i seem to sleep better. waking up in the middle of the night has always been part of my "sleep pattern". it's not uncommon for me to wake up two or three times. but that seems to be happening less now. i feel more rested, and consequently i'm more productive and more creative at work. and all because i've rid my home of a 27" box made up of plastic, glass, and electronics.

mariam and i don't move into our new place until the end of the month, so i have a couple weeks left to fully break my tv habit. and i'm looking forward to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Isn't it amazing the lies that the television can propogate in your head?

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home