Sunday, August 12, 2007

it's really not so bad

This week, I and the rest of the Genesis staff attended the Willow Creek Leadership Summit at a satellite location in Grosse Pointe. I wasn't very excited to go. I have a hard time with conferences in general because so often all they're about is the emotional high. But... this is Willow, and I should have known better. The Summit was incredible.

I missed some of the sessions, which I'm bummed about. (The downfall of being a part-time staff person while having another full-time job.) But what I did see was awesome. There was definitely emotion. The opening dramatic sequence made me cry, as did parts of Bill Hybels' first talk. But it wasn't hyped-up emotion. It was emotion borne of passion. Passion for the Church, for the lost, and for my calling as it relates to both. I haven't had time to process yet. That will happen tomorrow (three cheers for the Sabbath!), but I know enough to know that I've been changed.

I was renewed, challenged, shaken, encouraged, confirmed, and inspired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Swordsandlace said...

Happened to see your post on David Wallace Croft. Good to see some similar viewpoints out there. Checked out your blog. Nice house btw. I like your clawfoot tub! :)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home