Monday, October 01, 2007

flip-flops and tanks tops

Yesterday, I got home after enjoying a great lunch with my friends Drew, Annica and Josh, and no sooner did I walk in my door than I remembered that I had wanted to stop at the store on my way home.

What to do, what to do?

I contemplated getting back in my car. But I had just driven back from Chicago the day before and didn't want to spend anymore time in the metal box than I needed to.

Besides, it was warm and sunny, and we don't have many of those days left... so I did what anyone would (should) do when the temp is warm, the sun is shining, (and it's your birthday) ;)... I walked. In jeans, flip-flops and a tank top - with Misty Edwards keeping me company via my iPod, I took a leisurely 20-minute stroll down to the store. I walked with my face turned slightly upward, hoping to catch the last of the quickly fading fall sunshine, and I was occasionally bold enough close my eyes for a few steps.

There's nothing like the feeling of the sun on your skin, the sound of breeze-rustled leaves, and the smell of freshly cut grass. For a few moments, I was swept away in my own, end-of-summer worship. So thankful that God gives us the gifts of warm, sunny days, friends to celebrate birthdays with, and the senses (and the sense) to fully enjoy His creation and each other.

I'm glad I took the time to walk. That may have been our last "flip-flops and tank top" day for a while. But then again... this is Michigan... so who knows. And of course, there's always Cali... ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger SomethingElse said...

haha, and Cali it is!!! :D luve it there, are you coming over in januari to hang out with me?! I can teach you some surfmooves ;)

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home