Saturday, September 01, 2007

the joy of discovery

I have to admit that one of the things I love about being so close to downtown Royal Oak is that I'm within walking distance of the Salvation Army. I don't do much clothes shopping there, but it's a fun place to go looking for random things. Today I was looking for a wallet (which I ended up buying elsewhere), but instead, I found this:

a hand made, hand decorated Italian crystal wine glass.
It's absolutely beautiful and cost a grand total of $7. It now adorns one of the glass shelves in our dining room.


Truly, there is joy in discovery. Discovery of treasures like this, discovery of people, of places. So many treasures in our world if we'll take the time to seek them out.

I think there's a hint of explorer in us all. Something inside that is awakened and enticed by thought of discovering something new; even if it's new only to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home