Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Santa's summer home is on Washington Ave

laugh at me if you must, but I've seen him myself.

not too far from where Mariam and I live is the house we've labeled the "crazy Christmas house". If you've driven Washington Ave between 11 and 12 mile, you've seen it. All Christmas decorations all the time. I've always wondered what would posses someone to take the "Christmas spirit" to such an extreme, but today I discovered the answer. Santa lives there.

I'm not joking.

Well.. maybe a little.

But the man who lives there *could* be Santa Claus. He's an older man with white hair and a full, white beard.

I'm not joking.

I saw him and it made perfect sense. When Santa gets tired of the cold, the snow, maybe even the elves, he hops in his sleigh for a mini-retreat. The house is big enough that he and Mrs. Claus can have their own space, and there's plenty of places to hide the sleigh. The reindeer probably hang out in the garage, which is not really a garage but a stable.

The good news is that making our Christmas requests just got easier. No need to send them all the way to the North Pole. Santa's got a local address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home