Monday, July 31, 2006

general musings

The past couple of weeks have been interesting and crazy and in some respects have been good.
Two good friends both lost family members, one right after the other. It's always hard to watch people you love suffer through loss and grief. Especially knowing there isn't anything you can do except be there.

Our air conditioner broke last week, but tonight - thanks to my resourceful roommate - it seems to be working again. Good thing too, 'cause every heating and cooling place I called said they couldn't here until next week. (update - it's broken again. we had about 10 minutes of wonderful, cold air.... and then.... nothing)

And it seems I'm going be in the States longer than I had orginially thought. Last week I finally stopped feeling like I have to fit my plans into everyone else's time table. I finally just stopped and took time to really hear God. The simple truth is that I'm not ready. Not financially, spiritually, or emotionally. My business isn't stable enough yet. I'm not stable enough yet. I think it could be a year and a half to two years before I actually move. It took me a while to be ok with that. I get so anxious. I know I'm supposed to move to Amsterdam, so I want to move now. But I don't stop and ask God about His timeframe. Well last week I finally did. And I've finally exchanged my plan for God's plan. And I feel good about the decisions that have come from that.

And now, for the best possible news... Christine is back! Back from Australia, to stay... for a little while at least. It's been weird but good. Weird because it's almost like she never left. We stayed in close contact while she was in Australia, so it isn't like we have to re-start our friendship. At the same time, we've both changed a lot in the last year and a half. So we don't have to re-start our friendship, but we're having to re-learn some things, like how to communicate, how to listen to each other. It's interesting. But good. Because instead of talking over a phone line, we can sit down over a cup of coffee and look each other in the eye. It's awesome.

Ok, this is the part where I get back to work. And I have lots of work to do this week. Praise God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home