Saturday, July 01, 2006

and here we are

well, we've made it to beautiful Amsterdam!
first, I just have to say that the weather is outstanding! we landed Friday morning at 7:30am, picked up our luggage and headed to the Zolder.
We spent Friday afternoon in Vondel Park, with a good friend from the Zolder - Andrew. It was warm, relaxing, and truly "geweldig", which is Dutch for "Glorious!".
Today we spent time in Utrecht, which is a city about 30 minutes from Amsterdam. We visited a Dutch church that's simply called "The Church". We got some great opportunities to talk with Dutch nationals about church planting and all that. It was great!
The rest of night was spent with more people from the Zolder, watching the UNBELIEVABLE end of the Brazil v France World Cup Game. Brazil is OUT! who would have ever guessed that would happen.
Now, it's nearly 2am, and I should sleep. So, after a quick check of email, that's what I'm going to do.
Tomorrow will probably be a work day for me, since I've done nothing since we arrived two days ago. Though, I must say, there are far worse work locations than the Zolder. Working at the Zolder means sitting on a CRAZY comfortable couch, with windows open, the sun shining, hear the sounds of bicycles, trams, boats, and people passing by. Definitely not bad.
for now.. i must sleep... and so i shall

slaap lekker (literally means "sweet sleep", same as the English "sweet dreams"-ish) :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zadine and Henry were AMAZING!! The French just have the Brazilians number for some reason. How about the German goalkeeper during those PKs? Though I'm pretty ticked at England I can't say I didn't see it coming. I'm glad you're trip went well.

-Joshua M

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home