Wednesday, August 09, 2006

i've come to the realization....

that accomplishing my "work" doesn't make me feel accomplished. Yesterday I finished two articles for a client. Sunday I did 4 press releases for another client.

Today I haven't really done anything "work" related. But I spent two hours with one of the girls from our high school group, and today I feel like I accomplished something.

One of the "strengths" on the StrengthsFinder test is "Achiever". When I read the description, I applied it to work and career and thought "nah, that's not me". but the truth is that I do feel good when I feel like I've accomplished something. And I'm motivated to accomplish things everyday. But my idea of accomplishment has nothing to do with work. I can spend 12 hours working on some big project, and when it's done, I don't feel like I've accomplished much.

But when I'm able to spend time with people, building new relationships or deepening existing ones, I feel truly satisfied. Like I've done something worthwhile.

I'm not sure what to do with that, but I thought I'd share it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home