Thursday, November 01, 2007

Into the Wild

and when I say "the wild" I mean "my backyard".

The pic isn't very good, but if you look close... there's a hawk sitting in the tree.

A hawk.

In Royal Oak.

As I was getting ready for work the other day, I looked out the bathroom window, and there it was. If you look closely, you can also see that it's eating something.

I know.. ew...

It was the strangest, most fascinating thing to see. I don't know where he strayed from, but I hope he found his way home again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, actually there are a lot of hawks in Royal oak. If you look up, you can see them flying, and tell that they are raptors by their wings. The feathers that are on the tips of their wings are seperated instead of tight together, and also they tend to soar instead of flapping a lot.

One time Eric was startled to see this massive hawk sitting right on our driveway. He seemed to be enjoying the pigeon he was feasting on. By the time he was gone, the only thing left were feathers and a few bones... he picked it clean. I know we have photos of it somewhere... probably here on Eric's computer. Anyway, I often see them flying around our neighborhood... and sometimes see the evidence that one has stopped in for a snack. :)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home