Sunday, May 11, 2008

geweldig

"geweldig" - a dutch word that doesn't have a direct English translation, but generally means an atmosphere of warmth, welcoming, peace, and joy.

I'm developing a Sunday habit. It begins with a short trip to John and Kristen's house. There might be food...or not. There's usually chips and soda. There might be beer. What is consistent is the fun, relaxed, peaceful atmosphere. Sometimes we just chat. Earlier, Kristen was finishing some laundry while John and I played Wii. I tried my hand at bowling for just the 2nd time. John and I both did great (as you can see by the pic), both setting new personal records

Now they're playing some crazy rabbit game while I update my blog and we listen to Groove Salad. Friends, video games, ambient chill-out music... what more can you ask for.
It's the perfect way to end the work week and start my day of rest.

Truly geweldig.

1 Comments:

Blogger John and Kristen Miller said...

We enjoy having you over too. It is definately a much needed break to an otherwise crazy week.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home