Friday, September 30, 2005

happy birthday to ME :)


yes. the rumors are true.
well.. ok, i'm sure there haven't been any rumors. not about me anyway, 'cause honestly... why would there be??

today's my birthday.

billie and christine sent me a bracelet from australia. how cool is that. it's an awesome bracelet, too. something only one (or both) of them would get, and that i absolutely love. they sent the best card too! i laughed so hard. it made me a little sad, too, just 'cause it's such a billie/christine card. i miss them so much.

but, i get to go to a wedding today. :) valerie's younger sister is getting married. it's cool that she invited me 'cause i'm not that close w/her. i can't think of a better way to spend my birthday (except being in australia w/billie and christine). i get to get all dressed up and girly, be with people i love, dance, laugh, have fun, and watch two people who love each other start a new life together. it really can't get much better than that. and i get to wear my favorite purple dress!! yay!! :-)

this morning, as i was praying, i found myself asking God to help me stop thinking i'm too old to do certain things. not that i'm old (not yet anyhow), but i'm not in my early twenties (heck, i'm not even in my twenties). i read stories of missionaries going off and living in another country for two years and i think "man, that'd be awesome." but then i think i'm too old to do that. people do that when they're 23, not 35.

i really limit myself in that way. and it mostly has to do w/wanting to have a wedding ceremony of my own one day. it's like i think i have to stay put in order to meet the "right guy". but if i have a passion for foreign countries and people, chances are that anyone i'd be attracted to would share that passion and would probably be traveling himself, right? you'd think i would have figured out by now that i can't control this aspect of my life. not by traveling, or staying put or doing this or not doing that. God will do what He'll do when He thinks it's time to do it. unless of course i'm not meant to be married. it seems that if i could accept that as a real possibility, i'd be much more free, 'cause then it just wouldn't matter where i went or what i did.

i need to remember too, that the first guy to summit Mt. Everest did it when he was 34.

anyhow, i just need to get over it and go have fun.

now.. if you'll excuse me... i have a wedding to get ready for! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Stef, if I had read this earlier, I would have wished you a belated happy birthday when I saw you yesterday...so I will wish you a belated happy birthday today instead. Hope you had a good day. C.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Scott Donnelly said...

Cheryl beat me to it!! I was going to say the same thing... Happy Belated!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home