Monday, March 06, 2006

God is so amazing!


Yesterday I spent more time in prayer than I have in a while. While I was praying for the Amsterdam trip, I felt God prompting me to turn to Psalm 78. This is what it says:

Psalm 78: 1-4,6-7
"My people, hear my teaching. Listen to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth with a parable. I will teach lessons from the past-
things we have heard and known, things our ancestors have told us.
We will not hide them from their decendants;
we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
His power, and the wonders He has done...
so the next generation would know them,
even the children yet to be born,
and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God, and not forget His deeds,
but would keep His commands."

isn't He incredible!!! my heart leapt as I read this! it seems that at every turn there are confirmations that God is sending us to speak to the young people of Amsterdam. and the promise that He'll create opportunities for us to tell our own "parables". for all the missions trips i've gone on, this is a first for me. God so specifically speaking to our calling and the reason He's sending us. the reason He's sending me. i'm amazed. and so delighted. i can't wait to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home